Budfunding is excited to be hosting its fourth Sustainability Expo happening Saturday, June 15th at Sunalta Community Association! At the event, guests will have the exciting opportunity to interact one
Budfunding is excited to be hosting its fourth Sustainability Expo happening Saturday, June 15th at Sunalta Community Association! At the event, guests will have the exciting opportunity to interact one on one with sustainability experts, companies, and innovators. The event will include a panel discussion around permaculture, agriculture and sustainable development in Alberta! We are thrilled to announce the launch of “Art Auction for the Environment” an art collection created by local sustainable designed around the themes of sustainability. 100% of the funds raised will go towards the Budfunding scholarship.
The agenda on June 15th is as follows:
- 12:30pm-1pm networking, booth interactions & art auction
- 1:30pm-3pm Budfunding introduction & panel discussion
- 3pm-4:30pm networking, booth interactions & art auction
This is your chance to learn about sustainable innovations happening in Alberta and an opportunity to talk one on one with sustainability founders, experts, and other like-minded sustainable champions!
- John Daly, Founder of Daly Harvest – With a diverse background including having developed, 4-season, off-grid, greenhouse technology. Daly seeks to disrupt residential architecture with its plans to build sovereign, off-grid, residential structures which heat/cool themselves, generate their own electricity, collect water/snow melt, treat their own waste, and produce food all year round.
- Sid Mehta, Executive Vice President Emerging Ag Inc – Sid is leading the private sector engagement in food security and nutrition at various international fora. He brings with him vast experience in delivering strategies and tactical solutions on creating sustainable food systems.
- Lisa Patterson, President Permaculture Calgary Guild – Lisa has been the driving force behind the Permaculture demonstration garden in Sunnyside at containR and has been on the board of the Permaculture Calgary Guild since 2012, serving as president for the last 3 years. Most recently she has become involved in Regenerative Agriculture which is a feasible way to reverse climate change, heal the land and provide nutrient-dense food.
- Ron Miksha, Author & Researcher – Ron Miksha began working with bees over 50 years ago. He has extensive experience in queen breeding and has produced and sold over a million pounds of honey. Over the years, Ron has written for the British Bee Quarterly, the American Bee Journal, Bee Culture, BC’s BeesCene, and the Canadian Honey Council’s Hivelights. Ron is a past president of the Calgary and District Beekeepers’ Association and teaches beekeeping courses through that association. Currently, Ron is engaged in bee ecology research at the University of Calgary.
- Jeff Rempel, President PhilECO Environmental Consulting Ltd. – Jeff founded PhilECO over 20 years ago and has managed complex social-ecological systems in arctic mining, oil sands, pipelines, marine terminals, and commercial and industrial energy efficiency. He built his first geodesic dome greenhouse in Bankview in 2012 and has recently constructed a 3300sq ft passive solar greenhouse with earth tubes and annualized geo-solar battery. He raises chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigs and alpaca on 18 acres in Elbow Valley 5 min west of city limits where he is planning a sustainable community sub-development.
Lets continue to create a green future together!
(Saturday) 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm MST
Sunalta Community Association
1627 10 Ave SW